Zucchini cake with buttermilk and fresh herbs
A zucchini cake sounds somehow unusual, but tastes really delicious, juicy and fresh. The zucchini cake is quite simple and quick to prepare. The zucchini are grated on coarse grater and mixed with the remaining ingredients to a dough. Then baked into a juicy zucchini cake.
Please rate this recipe
- Kitchen scale
- Measuring jug
- cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Baking pan
- 350 g zucchini
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg
- 200 ml buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 200 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch herbs to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- Wash zucchini, dry and grate on coarse grater.
- Put in a bowl, salt and let stand for about 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix eggs in a mixing bowl with salt, buttermilk and mayonnaise.
- Mix the flour and baking powder.
- Add to the egg-buttermilk mixture and mix well.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Squeeze the liquid from the zucchini.
- Mix the zucchini with the garlic.
- Wash herbs, shake dry and chop.
- Add zucchini and chopped herbs to kefir batter.
- Mix to form a uniform dough.
- Pour the dough into a greased baking dish and smooth it out.
- Bake zucchini cake in preheated oven at 180°C for about 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly in the pan.
- Remove zucchini cake from the mold, cut into pieces and serve.
Calories: 303kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 9gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 227mgPotassium: 378mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 427IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 151mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!