Vegetarian cold soup with radish and cucumber
Uzbek cold soup under the name "Chalop" is similar to Russian okroshka and Ukrainian soup on beet broth. However, this cold soup is prepared without meat, eggs and potatoes, but with kefir or Greek yogurt, cucumbers, radishes, spring onions and herbs. This makes the cold soup especially light, refreshing and incredibly tasty on hot summer days.
Please rate this recipe
- 2 cucumbers
- 7-8 radishes
- ½ bunch green onions
- ½ bunch dill
- ½ bunch coriander
- 1 clove garlic
- 200 g Qatiq or Greek yogurt
- 400 ml water sparkling
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper to taste
- 2-3 sprigs mint to taste
- 2-3 sprigs basil to taste
- Wash cucumbers and radishes and cut into thin strips.
- Peel and press garlic.
- Clean the spring onions, wash and cut into thin rings.
- Wash the herbs, shake dry and chop finely.
- Put Qatiq or Greek yogurt in a pot.
- Pour in the sparkling water.
- Add the vegetables and herbs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the cold soup well.
- Garnish with mint and basil to taste.
- Serve the soup chilled.
Instead of Qatiq or Greek yogurt, you can take 400 ml of high-fat kefir. In this case, add only 200 ml of water.
- Measuring jug
- cutting board
- Garlic press
Calories: 53kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 3gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 35mgPotassium: 321mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 339IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 94mgIron: 1mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!