Uzbek meat stew with beans
This Uzbek stew with meat, beans, rice and vegetables is not only filling, but also delicious. Not surprisingly, because garlic and hot pepper give it a nice spicy flavor and spice.
Please rate this recipe
- 100 g mung beans
- 300 g beef or lamb
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 bell bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 to matoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic
- ⅓ tsp red pepper ground
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 800 ml water
- 50 g rice
- ⅓ chili pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Soak the mung beans in cold water for 10 - 12 hours.
- During this time, the water should be changed several times.
- Cut the meat into small pieces.
- Dice the onion, carrot and bell bell pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot.
- Fry the meat in it for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the onion.
- Fry for about 3 - 4 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the carrots and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Finely dice the tomatoes.
- Add to the vegetables and meat along with the tomato paste.
- Add half of the chopped garlic, the red and black pepper, cumin and salt to the pot.
- Stir and saute for 1 minute more.
- Add diced bell bell pepper and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Rinse mung beans in cold water.
- Add to meat and vegetables.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the rice.
- Finely chop the chili pepper.
- Add the rice, chili and bay leaves to the soup.
- Bring everything to a boil.
- Simmer under a closed lid for 15 minutes.
- Finally, add the remaining chopped garlic to the stew and stir well.
- Serve the Uzbek stew with bread.
- Cooking pot
- cutting board
- stirring spatula
Calories: 433kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 22gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 114mgPotassium: 904mgFiber: 7gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 4141IUVitamin C: 58mgCalcium: 89mgIron: 4mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!