Trippa tripe recipe with vegetables
Trippa alla fiorentina is an Italian tripe recipe Florentine style. In this tripe recipe, carrots, onions, garlic and celery are sautéed in olive oil. Then sauteed with finely chopped tripe and then simmered in creamy tomato sauce. You can sprinkle the trippa alla fiorentina with finely grated parmesan before serving. After the long cooking in tomato sauce, the tripe becomes very soft, tender and incredibly tasty. Celery, garlic and basil give the dish a particularly spicy, savory and fresh touch.
Please rate this recipe
- Measuring jug
- Kitchen scale
- Vegetable peeler
- cutting board
- Large saucepan
- Cooking spoon
- Slotted spoon or skimmer
- Garlic press
- Frying pan
- 900 g beef tripe
- 240 ml vinegar 9%
- 4 l water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 125 ml white wine
- 2 stalks basil
- 450 g tomatoes chopped in their own juice
- salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 100 g Parmesan cheese
- 240 ml meat broth or water if needed
- Wash the tripe thoroughly under cold running water.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into strips about 1 cm wide and about 6 cm long.
- Pour vinegar and 4 liters of water into a large saucepan.
- Add the tripe to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook the tripe for about 15 minutes.
- While doing this, constantly skim off the foam with a slotted spoon or skimmer.
- Wash the tripe again with cold water and pat dry.
- Peel the onion, carrot and garlic.
- Clean the celery.
- Press the garlic.
- Finely chop the remaining vegetables.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large frying pan for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and bay leaves to the pan.
- Saute for about 4-5 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add tomato paste, stir well.
- Saute for another 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil and tripe to the vegetables in the pan.
- Sauté over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir frequently during this process.
- Increase the temperature and deglaze with white wine.
- Stir everything well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the basil.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and basil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer the trippa fiorentina with the lid on and at a low temperature for about 1-1.5 hours.
- Stir from time to time.
- The trippa should be creamy in consistency.
- If the sauce is too thick, add some meat stock or hot water.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese on a fine grater.
- Spread the trippa alla fiorentina on deep plates.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and serve.
Das Kuttel Gericht kann mit Kartoffeln gereicht werden.
Calories: 428kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 21gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 348mgPotassium: 568mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1381IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 157mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!