Tender French crêpes with lemon
Crepes are a French form of pancake, which are a popular snack throughout France and are also prepared here in Germany. French crepes are not very different from the usual crepes, but they have some special features. Compared to German pancake batter, the batter is much more liquid, contains no yeast or other leavening agents, less eggs and flour, but some butter. French crepes are basically folded in the middle 2 times and served with sweet toppings. For example, it could be sugar, vanilla sugar, jam, fresh fruit, whipped cream or nut nougat cream.
Please rate this recipe
- 30 g butter + something to grease
- 300 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 120 g flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- vanilla sugar to taste
- 1 lemon
- For the dough, first melt the butter in a water bath and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs and milk in a bowl with a mixer until well blended.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Sift flour into a large bowl.
- Mix with salt and sugar.
- Stir half of milk mixture into flour mixture.
- Then add the rest of the flour mixture.
- Mix to form a thin, uniform dough.
- Let the dough rest for about 20-30 minutes.
- Stir the dough again before baking.
- If the batter is too thick, stir in a little more milk.
- Heat a coated pan over medium heat.
- Grease with butter.
- Ladle the batter into the crepe pan in batches in a thin layer.
- Gently swirl the pan to distribute the batter evenly.
- Bake the crepes until golden on both sides and stack on a plate.
- Top the crepes as desired.
- For example, you can sprinkle the crepes with vanilla sugar and fold them in half 2 times.
- Garnish each with 1 lemon slice and drizzle with lemon juice and serve warm.
- Measuring jug
- Kitchen scale
- Crepe pan
Calories: 287kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 10gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 425mgPotassium: 216mgFiber: 2gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 493IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 117mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!