White cabbage salad with chicken and carrots
Refreshing white cabbage salad with chicken is filling and delicious. The highlight of this light dish with fresh vegetables is the rich peanut dressing with garlic and soy sauce. As a side dish with vegetables or as a meal on its own, this Thai-style salad is a treat for everyone.
Please rate this recipe
- 700 g chicken fillet
- Salt to taste
- 1 kg white cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 bunch coriander
- ½ bunch chives
- 75 g peanuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 20 g ginger fresh
- 120 g peanut butter
- 5-6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 5-6 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Sriracha sauce or other hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5-8 tbsp water
- hot peppers to taste
- Cook chicken fillet in boiling salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Remove meat, place on a plate and let cool.
- Divide chicken into fibers with your hands.
- Cut cabbage into small pieces with a knife.
- Peel carrots and grate coarsely.
- Finely chop cilantro and chives.
- Chop the peanuts into pieces.
- Peel and finely grate garlic and ginger.
- Mix garlic, ginger, peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, Sriracha, sugar and water in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Whisk the dressing until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine vegetables with chicken and herbs in a bowl.
- Add peanuts, dressing and salt and mix well.
- Finely chopped hot peppers can be added to the salad to taste.
- Thai style white cabbage salad can be wonderful served as a side dish or on its own.
White cabbage can also be replaced well with Chinese cabbage.
- Cooking pot
- cutting board
- Stirring cup
Calories: 506kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 37gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1244mgPotassium: 1066mgFiber: 7gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 3708IUVitamin C: 68mgCalcium: 108mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!