Beef liver stewed in cream sauce with onions
In this recipe, the beef liver is first sautéed with roasted onions and then braised in cream sauce. The cream sauce makes the liver super soft and tender. The roasted onions give it a great flavor. The dish is quite simple and quick to prepare and tastes great with mashed potatoes, boiled rice or buckwheat.
Please rate this recipe
- 800-900 g beef liver
- 2 onions
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- 200-250 g sour cream
- Herbs to taste
- Skin the liver, wash and pat dry.
- Cut into thin strips and set aside.
- Peel onions, cut into half rings.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the onions in it for about 4-6 minutes until light yellow.
- Add liver to onions and stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes.
- Season liver with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat.
- Add sour cream, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the liver with chopped herbs, if desired.
- Serve beef liver with mashed potatoes.
- Kitchen scale
- cutting board
- Frying pan
Calories: 280kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 28gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 384mgSodium: 508mgPotassium: 520mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 22740IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 53mgIron: 7mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!