Stuffed eggplant with minced meat and vegetables
According to this recipe you can easily prepare the stuffed eggplants. For this, the eggplants are first pre-baked in the oven and later hollowed out. The vegetables are filled with sautéed ground turkey, onions, peppers, tomatoes and numerous spices. Then the whole thing is sprinkled with cheese and baked in the oven. With the homemade fresh yogurt-garlic sauce the stuffed eggplants taste best!
Please rate this recipe
- 2-3 eggplants
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 onion
- 1 bell bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 450 g turkey meat ground
- 1 tsp oregano ground
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- ¹⁄₄ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tomatoes
- 1-2 sprigs thyme
- 100 g cheese
Ingredients for the sauce
- 240 ml yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- Wash eggplant, pat dry and cut in half lengthwise.
- Score the inside of the eggplant deeply in a criss-cross pattern, but without cutting into the outer shell.
- Then lay the eggplants out on a baking sheet with the cut side facing up.
- Brush the vegetables with about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake eggplants in the oven at 220° C for about 25-30 minutes.
- When time is up, remove and let cool slightly.
- Peel and chop onion and garlic.
- Wash the bell bell pepper, remove the core and chop.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté onions and peppers in it for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the minced meat, oregano, paprika powder and cayenne pepper to the pan.
- Continue to sauté for about 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently. It is important that no large lumps of ground meat form.
- Wash and chop tomatoes.
- Pluck thyme and chop finely.
- Add tomatoes and thyme to the frying pan and fry for another 4-5 minutes.
- With the help of a spoon, carefully remove the flesh from the eggplant halves.
- Cover the resulting boats with the prepared minced meat filling.
- Grate the cheese on a grater and sprinkle it on the eggplant boats.
- Place the stuffed eggplants on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 200° C for about 8-10 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce, peel and chop the garlic cloves.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and mix together.
- Sprinkle stuffed eggplant with chopped parsley or other herbs to taste before serving.
- cutting board
- Baking sheet
- Frying pan
Calories: 278kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 25gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 223mgPotassium: 755mgFiber: 6gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1399IUVitamin C: 36mgCalcium: 210mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!