Meat soup with smoked bacon, tomatoes and turnips
This Hungarian soup is prepared from pork, smoked bacon, mushrooms and vegetables. The cream makes it creamy and rich. The meat soup is spicy and flavorful and is a great alternative to the classic goulash soup. Thus, it makes a wonderful appetizer or main course.
Please rate this recipe
- 2 onions
- 60 g smoked bacon
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp. paprika powder
- 250 g pork meat
- 700-800 ml meat broth or water
- 2 carrots
- 2 turnips
- 2-3 potatoes
- 2 to matoes
- 250 g mushrooms
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 240 ml sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 240 ml whipped cream
- Herbs to taste
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Cut smoked bacon into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and bacon and sauté for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add paprika powder, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Cut pork into small pieces, add to the cooking pot and pour about 200 ml of broth or water.
- Cover with the lid and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Peel carrots, turnips, potatoes and tomatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Cut mushrooms into slightly larger pieces.
- Add the vegetables and mushrooms to the pot with the meat.
- Pour the remaining broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil and simmer, covered, over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir the flour into the sour cream so that there are no lumps.
- Then add the whipping cream and stir again.
- Slowly pour the cream mixture into the soup, stirring constantly.
- Then bring the soup to a boil and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with herbs before serving.
To facilitate the peeling of tomatoes, you can pour boiling water over them.
- Cooking pot
- cutting board
- Stirring spoon
Calories: 777kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 24gFat: 56gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 916mgPotassium: 1610mgFiber: 7gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 7316IUVitamin C: 50mgCalcium: 213mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!