Stew with beef and vegetables
Pickles make this delicious stew with vegetables and beef spicy and tangy. The tomatoes give the dish a pleasant acidity and together with beef bring a strong flavor.
Please rate this recipe
- Frying pot
- Stirring spoon
- cutting board
- Julienne slicer
- 700 g beef
- 7 tablespoons oil
- 400 ml meat broth
- 250 g onions
- 200 g carrots
- 700 g potatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 300 g tomatoes in their own juice
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 250 g pickles
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2-3 stalks parsley
- Cut the beef into small pieces and brown in a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Deglaze with 300 ml of broth, bring to a boil again.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Peel the vegetables.
- Cut the onions into half rings, the carrots into julienne strips and the potatoes into thick slices.
- In another pan, sauté the onions in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste to the vegetables, fry for 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes in their own juice and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add steamed vegetables to the pan with beef, add remaining broth and bay leaves, season with salt and pepper.
- Stir everything thoroughly and stew under a lid on low heat for 40 minutes.
- Cut the pickles into strips.
- Fry in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the cucumbers to the meat and cook under a lid for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the potatoes in the remaining oil for 10-12 minutes until browned, then add to the remaining ingredients and braise for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Finely chop the parsley as well.
- Add the garlic and parsley to the stew and stir well.
Calories: 439kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 19gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 560mgPotassium: 904mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 4602IUVitamin C: 28mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!