Eggplant spread with tomatoes, onions and hot peppers
The eggplant spread is prepared with tomatoes, onions and garlic. The chili pepper gives the spread a pleasant spiciness and is delicately refined with coriander.
Please rate this recipe
- 1 kg eggplants
- 1 tbsp salt for the eggplants
- 1 tsp salt for frying
- 300 g tomatoes
- 400 g onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¹⁄₂ tsp hot peppers
- ¹⁄₂ tsp coriander ground
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp vinegar 9%
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- Peel and dice the eggplant.
- Pour cold water into a large bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of salt.
- Put the eggplants in the salted water.
- Cover with a plate and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Make cross-shaped incisions in the tomatoes to skin them.
- Then place in the boiling water for 1 minute and quench in cold water.
- Peel the skin off the tomatoes with a knife.
- Chop the tomato pulp into small pieces.
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and hot peppers.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan.
- Fry the garlic briefly in it.
- Add the onion and fry until golden.
- Remove the eggplants from the salted water and place them on kitchen towels.
- Then add them to the same pan and sauté briefly over high heat.
- Reduce heat and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, hot peppers, a teaspoon of salt and the cilantro and stir.
- Increase the heat and bring to a boil.
- Simmer the vegetables for 20-30 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and vinegar.
- Continue cooking for a few minutes until the vegetables are very soft.
- If desired, puree the vegetables with a hand blender to the desired consistency.
- Then simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Divide the spread into sterilized canning jars.
- Close with lids, invert and cover.
- Once the jars cool, place the eggplant spread in a cool place.
- Vegetable peeler
- Frying pan
- canning jars
- stirring spatula
Calories: 171kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 2gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1169mgPotassium: 452mgFiber: 5gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 346IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 29mgIron: 1mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!