Chicken in teriyaki sauce
In this recipe chicken meat is fried in teriyaki sauce. Teriyaki sauce is a typical ingredient of Japanese cuisine. The classic components for this sauce are soy sauce, sugar or honey and mirin, sake or rice wine. In this recipe, teriyaki sauce is prepared using only 2 components: Soy sauce and brown sugar. The crispy chicken meat gets its shine from this sauce, tastes tender and has a particularly spicy, pleasantly sweet, but still spicy taste.
Please rate this recipe
- Kitchen scale
- Measuring jug
- cutting board
- Frying pan
- 900 g chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 120-150 ml soy sauce
- 70 g brown sugar
- Sesame seeds for serving
- Wash chicken thighs and pat dry.
- Cut the meat off the bones, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the chicken meat in it for 6-8 minutes on each side over medium heat, until golden brown in color.
- Pour soy sauce into the pan.
- Add brown sugar.
- Stir everything well.
- Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Sauté the chicken in it for another 18-20 minutes.
- Arrange teriyaki chicken on plates.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Serve with fresh, fried or steamed vegetables and cooked rice as desired.
Calories: 382kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 47gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 1881mgPotassium: 638mgFiber: 1gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 54IUCalcium: 41mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!