Christmas roll with saffron and raisins
Soft, fluffy rolls baked in Sweden at Christmas. In the tasty, bright yellow dough hides saffron, which visually and taste makes the Christmas rolls shine.
Please rate this recipe
- 240 ml milk
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp saffron
- 2 tsp. yeast dry
- 560 g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cardamom ground
- 3 eggs
- 60 g sour cream
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp raisins
- Mix milk with 1 tablespoon sugar and saffron in a saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Then let it cool down to 35-40°C.
- Add yeast to the warm milk.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sifted flour, remaining sugar, salt and cardamom.
- Beat the two eggs with a fork.
- Make a small well in the flour.
- Pour in milk, beaten eggs and sour cream.
- Add melted butter.
- Knead everything into a soft and elastic dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball.
- Place in a large bowl and let rise, covered, in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours.
- When the dough has doubled in size, knead it well once and divide it into 12 equal portions.
- Form these pieces of dough into a sausage 25-30 cm long.
- Roll up into an S and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cover the rolls with plastic wrap and let them rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Beat the remaining egg with a whisk.
- Place a raisin on the end of each bun and press down lightly.
- Brush the Christmas rolls with the beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Pastry card
- Baking paper
Calories: 596kcalCarbohydrates: 93gProtein: 14gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 553mgPotassium: 236mgFiber: 3gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 615IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 89mgIron: 5mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!