Crumble cake with rhubarb and cinnamon
The crumble cake with rhubarb is a real treat. The cake consists of a sponge with buttermilk, on which the sour rhubarb pieces find their place and are covered with crunchy crumbles.
Please rate this recipe
- 100 g brown sugar
- 120 g flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 90 g butter
- 300 g flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 60 g butter
- 2 tsp. water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 225 ml buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 600 g rhubarb
- Mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter into crumbs in a food processor and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C.
Prepare the sponge mixture
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter and water to make a dough.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs with buttermilk and vanilla.
- Quickly mix the mixture with the flour mixture.
- Grease a baking pan and dust with a little flour.
- Pour the dough into the mold.
Prepare the filling
- Wash the rhubarb and cut it into small pieces.
- Spread the rhubarb pieces on the bottom of the dough.
- Cover with the prepared crumbles and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Let the rhubarb pie cool on a rack for 10 minutes and enjoy.
Mix icing from powdered sugar and lemon juice or water and spread on the crumbles of rhubarb cake.
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Square baking dish
- Kitchen scale
- cutting board
Calories: 350kcalCarbohydrates: 55gProtein: 6gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 335mgPotassium: 233mgFiber: 2gSugar: 26gVitamin A: 434IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 158mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!