Cream of asparagus soup with cream, onions and green asparagus
Asparagus is great for pureed soups and cream soups. In this recipe, the cream of asparagus soup is based on vegetable broth and rounded off with cream. The green asparagus soup with onions is creamy and full of asparagus flavor.
Please rate this recipe
- cutting board
- Hand blender
- 1 kg green asparagus
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 700 ml vegetable broth spice broth
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Wash green asparagus, cut off the woody ends.
- Cut the asparagus spears into thin slices.
- Dice the onion and sauté in butter together with the asparagus slices.
- Add salt and a pinch of sugar and deglaze with the vegetable stock and cream.
- Bring everything to the boil briefly and simmer with the lid closed for about 12-15 minutes on low heat, stirring.
- Puree the asparagus soup with a hand blender.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Pour the cream of asparagus soup into bowls and serve with a garlic baguette or croutons.
Calories: 283kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 8gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 761mgPotassium: 646mgFiber: 6gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 2867IUVitamin C: 19mgCalcium: 132mgIron: 5mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!