Sandwich with hot cheese and ham
This French hot cheese and ham sandwich differs from Croque Monsieur in that it has a "hat" made of fried egg.
Please rate this recipe
- 170 g butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 240 ml milk
- 1 bay leaf
- 20 g parmesan
- 300 g ham
- 360 g Emmental or Gruyere cheese
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- For the bechamel sauce: Heat 30 g of butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes to make a roux.
- Gradually pour the milk into the pot and add the bay leaf.
- Stir thoroughly and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese on a fine grater.
- Remove the bay leaf from the bechamel sauce.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the ham into thin slices.
- Grate the Emmental and mix the bechamel with half of the grated cheese.
- Spread the ham on 4 slices of bread.
- Spread with the bechamel sauce.
- Cover the sandwiches with the other half of the bread.
- Fry the sandwiches alternately in the remaining butter until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the sandwiches on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the top with the remaining bechamel sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining Emmental cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2-3 minutes until crispy.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry eggs to make fried eggs.
- Season with salt and pepper, place 1 fried egg on each sandwich and serve immediately.
- Cheese grater
- Cooking pot
Calories: 1125kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 55gFat: 85gSaturated Fat: 46gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 394mgSodium: 1780mgPotassium: 500mgFiber: 1gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 2185IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 1010mgIron: 4mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!