Roasted beef in orange sauce
This recipe is one of the quick dishes. The beef is seared only very briefly, so that it remains quite juicy. Then braised in an orange sauce, the beef gets a citrus note and a very tasty aroma. The vegetables provide the necessary zing and give the meat even more flavor.
Please rate this recipe
- 1 orange
- 60 ml water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pinch red bell pepper flakes
- 250-300 g beef
- 1 bell bell pepper
- ½ onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp vegetable oil
- Squeeze orange, reserving 60 ml orange juice in a bowl.
- Mix with cold water, starch, soy sauce and red bell pepper flakes.
- Cut beef and bell bell pepper into strips with knife.
- Peel onion and garlic.
- Cut onion into half rings or quarter rings.
- Chop garlic finely.
- Heat oil in a wok or deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from pan, place on a plate and cover with foil.
- Add garlic, onion and bell bell pepper to same skillet.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour orange sauce to vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Return meat to skillet; cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove roasted beef from heat and serve immediately.
- Citrus juicer
- cutting board
Calories: 422kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 24gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 592mgPotassium: 658mgFiber: 4gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 2257IUVitamin C: 113mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!