Juicy rhubarb cake from a fluffy dough
The rhubarb cake from a loose dough tastes juicy and very refreshing due to the sweet and sour rhubarb. The simple sponge is baked with fresh rhubarb - a rhubarb cake can not be simpler.
Please rate this recipe
- 125 g wheat flour
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 125 g butter soft
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 35 g cornstarch
- 200-300 g rhubarb
- 1 pinch salt
- Powdered sugar optional for serving
- Cream soft butter, with sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs and mix well.
- Mix flour, starch and baking powder and sift into the egg-butter mixture.
- Mix everything into a fluffy dough.
- Smooth the dough in a springform pan lined with baking paper.
- Wash and clean the rhubarb and cut into cubes.
- If the rhubarb stalks are very wide, you can still cut them crosswise.
- Place the prepared rhubarb on the dough, pressing it in lightly.
- Bake the rhubarb cake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cooled rhubarb cake with powdered sugar and cut into pieces.
If you double the amount of ingredients, you can bake a rhubarb sheet cake.
- Hand mixer
- cutting board
- Springform pan
- Kitchen spatula
Calories: 340kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 4gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 249mgPotassium: 144mgFiber: 1gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 634IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 84mgIron: 1mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!