Juicy plum cake with almonds and meringue
A plum cake with crumbly shortcrust pastry and a juicy plum filling that surprises with a pleasant sour taste. The plums are perfectly complemented by the crunchy meringue and almonds.
Please rate this recipe
- 200 g butter soft
- 150 g sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 drops vanilla flavoring
- 1 package Baking powder
- 2 egg yolks
- 400 g flour
- 450-500 g plums or damsons
- 100 g almonds ground
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 50 g butter soft
- 1 tablespoon cognac optional
- 100 g flaked almonds
- Mix soft butter with sugar, egg yolks and vanilla flavoring together.
- Mix flour with baking powder and salt and sift.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and knead into a shortcrust dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and roll out round on a sheet of baking paper slightly larger than the springform pan.
- Place the dough in the springform pan.
- Pull the edges of the cake a little higher with your fingers.
- Prick the bottom several times with a fork.
- Put the springform pan in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Remove the cake base from the refrigerator.
- Bake at 180 ° C in a preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes.
- Cut the washed plums in half and remove the seeds.
- Cut the fruit into wedges as desired.
- Beat one egg and the egg whites in a bowl.
- Add sugar and softened butter and mix together.
- Add the cognac to the beaten mixture.
- Add the ground almonds and mix everything well.
- Spread the plums on the pre-baked cake base.
- Spread the almond mixture over the fruit.
- Sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake the plum cake for another 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pan.
- Only then remove from the mold and cut into portions.
Allow the plum cake to cool completely and cut the best the next day.
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Springform pan
- Pastry roller
Calories: 727kcalCarbohydrates: 82gProtein: 13gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 18gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 136mgSodium: 333mgPotassium: 351mgFiber: 5gSugar: 38gVitamin A: 1070IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 101mgIron: 4mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!