Sauerkraut stew with sausages and carrots
This hearty sauerkraut stew with sausages is a very simple dish and is prepared quickly and easily. The stew tastes very juicy and has a particularly spicy flavor.
Please rate this recipe
- Kitchen scale
- Measuring jug
- cutting board
- Frying pan with lid
- 1 kg white cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 200 ml water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 5 black peppercorns
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 g sausages
- Salt to taste
- Dill fresh to taste
- Clean white cabbage, wash and shave into thin strips.
- Peel carrots and grate coarsely.
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Sauté carrots in it for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the cabbage.
- Cover the pan and steam the vegetables over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour in 200 ml of boiling hot water.
- Simmer the vegetables over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, peppercorns, ground black pepper and the bay leaf.
- Stir the whole thing and simmer gently over low heat for another 5-7 minutes.
- Cut sausages into thin slices.
- Add to the cabbage in the pan.
- Salt the white cabbage stew to taste, stir and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish sauerkraut stew with chopped dill to taste and serve warm.
Calories: 398kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 13gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 898mgPotassium: 735mgFiber: 7gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 5465IUVitamin C: 95mgCalcium: 123mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!