Pearl barley porridge with peppers, tomatoes and onions
As an independent fasting dish or as a delicious side dish with meat. Pearl barley porridge is baked with carrots, onions, tomatoes and peppers in a roasting tube, so that the taste and aroma are even more intense and rich.
Please rate this recipe
- 200 g pearl barley
- 1 carrots
- 2 bell peppers
- 1-2 to matoes
- 1 onion
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Cook washed pearl barley for about 50 minutes.
- They should be almost cooked.
- If you want the whole thing to go a little faster, soak the pearl barley beforehand.
- Cut carrots, peppers, tomatoes and onions into small pieces.
- Mix with pearl barley grits.
- Season with oil, salt and pepper.
- Put the whole in a roasting tube and tie.
- Poke a few holes in the tube with a toothpick.
- Place on a baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- Bake the pearl barley with the vegetables at 180°C for about 45 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle pearl barley porridge with the herbs.
- Cooking pot
- Roasting hose
Calories: 555kcalCarbohydrates: 95gProtein: 13gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 12gSodium: 40mgPotassium: 855mgFiber: 21gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 9357IUVitamin C: 166mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!