Shkembe Chorba Bulgarian tripe soup
This is a very nutritious and popular soup in Bulgaria, cooked from beef stomach (tripe). The addition of the milk gives the rich broth a creamy taste. Red wine vinegar and the spices such as paprika, chili, black pepper and garlic add a flavorful zing. In Bulgaria, this soup is also known as an excellent "hangover cure" after a night of drinking!
Please rate this recipe
- 500 g tripe
- 4-5 l water
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 750 ml milk
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3 tsp sweet paprika powder ground
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili ground
- 3 cloves garlic
- 120 ml red wine vinegar
- Thoroughly rinse tripe, place in a saucepan and pour water over it.
- Bring the contents to a boil and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Then remove the meat with a slotted spoon and drain the broth.
- Place the tripe in the saucepan again and cover completely with fresh water.
- Bring the contents to the boil again and simmer over low heat for about 3-4 hours.
- If necessary, add a little water so that the tripe is always completely covered with water.
- Take out the cooked tripe and cut it into small pieces.
- Then put the meat back into the tripe broth.
- Add oil, milk, salt, paprika, black pepper, chili.
- Finely chop the garlic and add it as well.
- Cook everything together on low heat for another 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the red wine vinegar to the soup and stir.
- Serve the tripe soup.
- Cooking pot
- Slotted spoon
Calories: 798kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 29gFat: 72gSaturated Fat: 55gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 3710mgPotassium: 687mgFiber: 1gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1243IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 286mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!