Make crunchy pickled cucumbers yourself
According to this Russian recipe, the cucumbers are prepared cold. That's why you have to give the cucumbers about 48 hours, but it's worth it! The cucumbers taste lightly salted, a little spicy due to the addition of chili and the cherry and currant and horseradish leaves give the cucumbers a pleasant aroma. A real treat in the summer and an enrichment for any barbecue buffet.
Please rate this recipe
- 500 g cucumbers
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 bunch dill
- 8-10 currant leaves
- 8-10 cherry leaves
- 5-6 horseradish leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 400 ml water
- Wash the cucumbers and cut off the two ends.
- Peel and quarter the garlic cloves.
- Remove seeds from chili pepper and cut into small pieces.
- Chop dill sprigs finely.
- On the bottom of the 1.5-liter pot, first lay out a third of the dill and all the leaves.
- Then place half of the cucumbers, chili and garlic on top.
- Repeat the two steps again, finishing with the leaves.
- In a measuring cup, completely dissolve the salt in the room temperature water.
- Pour the brine into the cooking pot with the cucumbers; the cucumbers should be completely covered.
- If they are not, add a little water.
- Select a suitable plate with a smaller diameter than the cooking pot for the cucumbers.
- Place this plate on top of the cucumbers and place a small glass filled with water or other suitable weight on top.
- Place the crock in this position in the refrigerator for about 48 hours.
- Remove the cucumbers from the pot and serve with grilled meat, fried potatoes or rice dish.
- cutting board
- Cooking pot approx. 1,5 L
- Measuring jug
Calories: 27kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 466mgPotassium: 398mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 2164IUVitamin C: 24mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 1mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!