Simple sponge cake roll with strawberry jam
Light, soft and sweet sponge roll with jam filling. The sponge roll tastes delicious and literally melts in your mouth. You can fill the sponge roll with any jam.
Please rate this recipe
- 6 eggs
- 140 g powdered sugar
- 100 g butter
- 250 g flour
- 300 g strawberry jam
- Vanilla sugar for sprinkling
- Beat the eggs with the powdered sugar over a water bath until foamy.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Carefully stir the flour and butter into the cooled egg-sugar mixture.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread the dough in a thin layer on it.
- Bake the sponge cake at 175 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.
- Spread the sponge cake with jam and wrap it into a roll.
- Before serving, sprinkle the sponge roll with vanilla sugar and cut into pieces.
- Water bath bowl
- Hand mixer
- Kitchen spatula
Calories: 564kcalCarbohydrates: 90gProtein: 10gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 200mgSodium: 199mgPotassium: 148mgFiber: 2gSugar: 47gVitamin A: 654IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!