Kurnik meat pie with chicken
A hearty, fluffy and delicious kurnik pie. The pie is filled with chicken fillets, potatoes and onions and baked in the oven until tender. This makes the kurnik very juicy and incredibly tasty.
Please rate this recipe
- 250 g butter or margarine
- 250 ml kefir
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 600-650 g flour
- 300 g chicken fillet
- 300-400 g potato
- 2-3 onions
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 40-50 ml water for filling
- 1 egg for coating
Prepare the dough
- Melt the butter and let it cool slightly.
- Mix kefir with baking soda.
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt, kefir and melted butter.
- Knead a soft and elastic dough that does not stick to your hands.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Prepare filling and pie
- Cut the chicken and potatoes into small pieces.
- Chop the onions into small pieces.
- Divide the dough in half so that one is slightly larger than the other.
- Roll out most of the dough into a thin layer and place in a greased baking dish.
- Raise a rim from the dough.
- Place potatoes, onions and chicken fillets in even layers on the dough.
- Add a little salt and pepper to each layer.
- Cover the filling with the second rolled out layer of dough.
- Gently press the edges together along the entire pie.
- The cake can be decorated with small dough figures.
- Make a small hole on the top of the dough and pour some water into it.
- Brush the dough with a beaten egg.
- Bake the Kurnik cake for about 45 - 50 minutes at 200 ° C.
- Remove the finished cake from the oven and brush it with water using a kitchen brush.
- Cover the cake with a towel and let it rest for about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Then serve cut into pieces.
- Food processor
- cutting board
- Kitchen brush
- dough roller
Calories: 830kcalCarbohydrates: 91gProtein: 25gFat: 41gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 583mgPotassium: 576mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 1183IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 98mgIron: 5mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!