Juicy white cabbage casserole with chicken and cheese
Chicken, mushrooms and vegetables are baked with sour cream and are therefore particularly tender and juicy. This white cabbage casserole with a delicious cheese crust is unusual, but insanely appetizing.
Please rate this recipe
- 1 kg white cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 3-4 onions
- 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil + something for greasing
- 50-100 ml water
- salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 500 g chicken thighs
- 200-250 g mushrooms
- 300 g sour cream
- Herbs to taste
- 100 g cheese
- Chop the white cabbage.
- Coarsely grate the carrots.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Sauté half of the onions in it for one to two minutes.
- Then add the carrots.
- Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage to the same pan.
- Pour water into it.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Then season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken and mushrooms into small pieces.
- In another pan, heat the remaining oil.
- Sauté the onion first.
- Then add the chicken and the mushrooms.
- Cook the mixture for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put half of the cabbage in a greased baking dish.
- Spread the layer with sour cream.
- Spread the meat and mushrooms on top.
- Place another layer of sour cream on top.
- Put the rest of the cabbage on the chicken layer.
- Spread the chopped herbs on top.
- Spread the layer with the sour cream as well.
- Lastly, sprinkle the casserole with the grated cheese.
- Bake white cabbage casserole for about 30 minutes at 180 °C.
- cutting board
- Frying pan
- Casserole dish
Calories: 425kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 20gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 18gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 231mgPotassium: 729mgFiber: 6gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 4119IUVitamin C: 68mgCalcium: 269mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!