Rhubarb pie with meringue and vanilla pudding
The rhubarb cake with meringue and vanilla pudding is a creamy fruity temptation in spring and summer. The cake is made quickly and easily and tastes fantastically delicious.
Please rate this recipe
- 3 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 100 g margarine
- 75 g sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 vanilla pudding powder
- 300 ml milk
- 500 g rhubarb
- 100 g powdered sugar
- Separate egg whites from yolks.
- Mix baking powder with flour.
- Mix margarine, egg yolks and sugar.
- Add flour mixture and knead everything into a dough.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Wash and peel the rhubarb, cut it into small pieces and sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Mix the pudding powder with a little milk until smooth.
- Bring remaining milk to a boil stir in the pudding.
- Add the rhubarb to the pudding.
- Pour the batter into a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Spread rhubarb pudding on the dough and bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Beat the egg whites with powdered sugar to egg whites and spread evenly on the baked rhubarb cake.
- Bake the rhubarb cake with meringue for another 20-25 minutes at 160 degrees.
- Let the cake cool and put it in the fridge for a few hours.
The rhubarb pie harmonizes very well with strawberries!
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Springform pan
Calories: 344kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 7gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 508mgPotassium: 286mgFiber: 2gSugar: 28gVitamin A: 661IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 290mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!