Juicy lemon cupcakes with meringue and bright lemon cream
The preparation of these lemon cupcakes is not so simple. Nevertheless, the result is so delicious that it is definitely worth it. A golden cloud of delicate meringue gives these soft cupcakes with a bright lemon cream a truly exquisite look. First, cupcakes are baked and then garnished with the refreshing lemon filling. The meringue subsequently placed on top is slightly melted in the oven and give the dessert an incomparable taste.
Please rate this recipe
- 2 lemons
- 230 g butter, soft
- 300 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 310 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 120 ml milk
- 2-3 lemons
- 6 egg yolks
- 200 g sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 egg whites
- 200 g sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Preparing muffin batter
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Prepare 12 to 15 muffin cups.
- Squeeze juice from lemons.
- Beat soft butter and sugar with a mixer until smooth.
- Without turning off the machine, add one egg at a time to the butter and beat until homogeneous.
- Sift the flour and mix it with the baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract, milk and lemon juice to the batter.
- Whisk batter until smooth and homogeneous.
- Fill muffin cups ¾ full with batter.
- Bake muffins for about 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Preparing cream filling
- Grate 1 tablespoon lemon zest and squeeze 120 ml juice.
- Mix egg yolks with sugar in a small heatproof bowl.
- Place on a water bath and heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest to egg yolks.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Then add butter and stir well so that it melts completely.
- Remove cream from heat, let cool slightly and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine egg whites and sugar in a large heatproof bowl.
- Place on a water bath and beat with a mixer until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice and whip for about 10 minutes until soft, even peaks form.
Arranging the cupcakes
- Using a knife or the tip of a piping bag, poke small holes in the top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Fill with the cream.
- Preheat oven to 220°C, turn off bottom heat.
- Place egg white mixture in a piping bag.
- Pipe the meringue onto the cupcakes.
- Place the cupcakes on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 3 to 4 minutes, until the tops are golden.
- Remove filled lemon cupcakes with meringue from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve lemon cupcakes with tea or coffee.
- Muffin cups
- Citrus juicer
- Cling film
- piping bag
- Sweet polar bear cupcakes with vanilla cream and…
- American carrot cupcakes with pecans, cinnamon and ginger
- Valentine's Day Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting…
- Cupcakes crumb monster from cupcakes with chocolate…
- Vanilla cupcakes with marshmallow frosting for Easter
- Orange cupcakes with cream cheese topping
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cute Halloween cupcakes ghosts from egg white cream…
- Halloween bat cupcakes from chocolate cupcakes with frosting