Juicy carrot cake from almonds with icing
The carrot cake with almonds is super easy to bake! The cake tastes juicy and fluffy and is complemented with a sugar glaze and walnuts taste and look great.
Please rate this recipe
- Hand mixer
- Springform pan
- 300 g carrots
- 1 lemon untreated
- 4 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 300 g almonds ground
- 80 g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 handful walnuts
- Grate the carrots on the grater.
- Grate the lemon peel and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar and lemon zest until creamy.
- Whip the egg whites to egg whites.
- Mix the almonds with the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt.
- Stir the almond mixture alternately with the carrots into the egg mixture and add the lemon juice.
- Carefully fold in the beaten egg white.
- Bake the carrot cake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for about 45 minutes.
- Mix the powdered sugar with the lemon juice until smooth.
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces.
- Cover the cooled carrot cake with the icing and decorate with walnuts.
Instead of walnuts, the carrot cake can be decorated with marzipan carrots.
Calories: 419kcalCarbohydrates: 58gProtein: 10gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 93mgPotassium: 376mgFiber: 5gSugar: 43gVitamin A: 5110IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!