Juicy apple pie with apple roses and cream filling
The wonderful apple roses look great on the apple pie. The sandy base and apple filling with buttermilk and sour cream go perfectly together.
Please rate this recipe
- 200 g flour
- 100 g butter cold in pieces
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 0,5 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 drops vanilla flavoring
- 3-4 apples red
- 50 ml milk
- 300 g sour cream
- 100 g buttermilk
- 2-3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 package Vanilla sugar
- 1 tbsp. starch
- Sift the flour to loosen it.
- Add powdered sugar, salt, baking powder and cold butter.
- Mix everything into a crumb mixture.
- Add the egg knead everything into a firm ball of dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the chilled dough on a floured work surface and spread it on the bottom and sides of the tart pan.
- Trim off any offcuts from the dough and press the dough well into the pan.
- Cover the dough bottom with baking paper, put lentils (or other legumes, e.g. peas) in it to weigh it down.
- Bake the base blind in the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking paper with the lentils and let the cake base cool a bit.
- Halve or quarter the apples, core them and cut them into very thin wedges.
- Place the apple wedges on a baking sheet lined with baking paper in rows with an overlap of 7-10 in each row.
- Brush the apples with milk and place in a hot oven for 10-15 minutes to soften and make them pliable.
- When the apples have cooled slightly, roll each row into a "rose" roll.
- Top the baked cake layer with the apple roses.
- Mix sour cream with buttermilk, sugar, starch and vanilla sugar in a bowl with a whisk.
- Carefully pour the filling between the apple roses.
- Bake the apple pie for another 35-40 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Let the apple pie cool completely in the baking pan and cut into pieces.
- Kitchen scale
- Hand mixer
- Mixing bowl
- Tart pan
- Kitchen spatula
- Kitchen brush
- dough roller
Calories: 472kcalCarbohydrates: 56gProtein: 7gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 234mgPotassium: 252mgFiber: 3gSugar: 25gVitamin A: 858IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 122mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!