Mulled wine with oranges, cloves and cinnamon
The hot summer is over - it's time for a warming drink - mulled wine! Hot mulled wine with oranges, flavored with Christmas spices, makes an evening cozy.
Please rate this recipe
- 750 ml dry red wine
- 1 orange
- 8 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 2-4 tablespoons honey or sugar
- Place red wine in a saucepan and heat, but do not boil.
- Add sliced orange, cloves, cinnamon sticks, star anise, sugar or honey and stir.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it steep for at least 15 minutes.
- Or, steep the mulled wine over low heat with the lid on for 15 minutes.
- Strain the mulled wine and serve hot in glass cups.
- Stirring spoon
- Glass cups
Calories: 420kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 4mgPotassium: 167mgFiber: 4gSugar: 23gVitamin A: 162IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 1mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!