Grilled watermelon with honey marinade
This simple honey marinade and smoky grill flavor makes watermelon taste more intense and flavorful. It is a quick, unusual and impressive appetizer or dessert for summer! Another variation would be to cut the grilled watermelon into small pieces and serve it in a light vegetable salad.
Please rate this recipe
- 1 lime
- 4-5 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 watermelon small, seedless, about 5 kg
- Sea salt to taste
- basil or mint, to taste
- Wash the lime and first grate the peel on a fine grater.
- Squeeze the lime juice with the help of the citrus press.
- Mix lime juice and lime zest with honey and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Wash watermelon, cut into 2-3 cm thick slices, brush both sides with the marinade and grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Arrange grilled watermelon slices on a plate.
- Season with salt to taste and garnish with basil or mint.
- Citrus juicer
- cutting board
- Grill spatula
Calories: 437kcalCarbohydrates: 104gProtein: 7gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 12mgPotassium: 1288mgFiber: 5gSugar: 87gVitamin A: 6410IUVitamin C: 96mgCalcium: 86mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!