Greek style crispy pita
Homemade flatbreads with a golden crust can be easily prepared in an ordinary pan. Crispy, fragrant and delicious, they taste almost the same as in Greece. These pitas can be wonderfully used for sandwiches or other dishes. But they will taste no less good with a favorite sauce of your choice.
Please rate this recipe
- 250 g flour
- 1 tsp yeast dry
- ½ tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 ml water
- 90 g natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sift flour and mix in a bowl with yeast, sugar and salt.
- Add warm water, yogurt and oil.
- Knead into a soft and smooth dough.
- Roll into a ball and place in a bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1 to 2 hours.
- Once dough has doubled in size, knead and divide into 8 equal portions.
- Roll each piece into a ball.
- Cover the dough balls with a towel and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Then roll each ball into a patty 10-12 inches in diameter.
- Heat a dry frying pan.
- Bake each pita in it over low heat on both sides.
- Serve finished pita with your favorite sauce or with a salad.
- Pastry roller
- Frying pan
Calories: 281kcalCarbohydrates: 51gProtein: 7gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 595mgPotassium: 109mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 22IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!