Fried eggplant with yogurt sauce and pomegranate seeds
Refreshing yogurt sauce, juicy crunchy pomegranate seeds and fried eggplant captivate not only with an interesting color appearance. It is much more the delicious combination of flavors with which this simple vegetable snack captivates everyone who tries it.
Please rate this recipe
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250 g Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 3-4 eggplants
- 7-8 tbsp olive oil
- ½ pomegranate
- 3-4 sprigs coriander
- 3-4 sprigs mint
- 2 tablespoons tahini to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons walnuts to taste
- Press garlic through a garlic press.
- Mix yogurt with the lemon juice and garlic in a bowl.
- Season the mixture with cumin, salt and pepper.
- If the yogurt sauce should be more intense in taste, tahini can be added.
- Put the yogurt sauce in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise into 10 to 15 mm thick pieces.
- Sprinkle both sides of the eggplants with salt and pepper.
- Then drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Sear on a grill pan for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until the vegetables are tender.
- Let cool slightly.
- Cut the pomegranate in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Finely chop the cilantro and mint.
- Drizzle the eggplants with the yogurt sauce.
- Then garnish with the herbs and pomegranate seeds.
- If desired, sprinkle the walnuts over the fried eggplants.
The eggplants can just as easily be grilled or baked in an oven preheated to 190°C for about 15-20 minutes.
- Garlic press
- Grill pan
Calories: 467kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 13gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 36mgPotassium: 1054mgFiber: 13gSugar: 19gVitamin A: 239IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 131mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!