Onion soup with croutons, cheese and mustard
Onion soup with cheese and mustard is a classic soup of French cuisine. In this recipe, the light soup is made with onions, milk and a little mustard and served with crispy croutons, grated cheese and fresh parsley. The soup is super easy and quick to prepare and tastes spicy and just good.
Please rate this recipe
- 2-3 onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 500 ml milk
- 400 ml chicken broth
- ½ tsp mustard powder dry
- ¼ tsp thyme dried
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper ground
- 300 g cheese
- Croutons to taste
- Peel the onions and cut them into half rings.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan.
- Sauté the onions in it for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Sprinkle flour to the onions in the cooking pot, mix well.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan while stirring in 5 steps.
- Then pour in the chicken broth and season with salt, pepper, thyme and mustard.
- Bring the soup to a boil and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Coarsely grate the cheese.
- Set half aside on a plate to garnish the soup with later.
- Add the rest of the cheese to the soup.
- Simmer the soup for about 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the pot from the heat and arrange the soup in soup cups or plates.
- Garnish with grated cheese, croutons and fresh parsley and serve immediately.
- cutting board
- Cooking pot
- Cooking spoon
- Cheese grater
- Soup cups
Calories: 503kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 24gFat: 38gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 1254mgPotassium: 412mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 1226IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 706mgIron: 1mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!