Eggplant salad with eggs, onions and mayonnaise
Sweet and sour pickled onions give a nice spicy touch to this simple and hearty salad of eggplant and eggs. The use of quail eggs makes this salad a real delicacy for connoisseurs and gourmets.
Please rate this recipe
- 3 eggplants
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 shallots
- 100 ml water hot
- 4 tbsp vinegar 9%
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs e.g. quail eggs here however then 6 pieces
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Black pepper to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Cut the eggplants into strips and put them in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of salt, mix and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel the shallots and cut them into half rings.
- Mix the hot water with the vinegar, sugar and ½ teaspoon salt in a bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the shallots and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the eggplants in 2-3 batches for 7-8 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain the sautéed vegetables on a paper towel.
- Boil the eggs, let cool, peel and cut into cubes.
- Pass the onions through a sieve.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Mix eggplant, eggs and onion in a bowl and season with mayonnaise, parsley and pepper.
- cutting board
- Frying pan
- Paper towel
Calories: 314kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 8gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 442mgPotassium: 898mgFiber: 11gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 268IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 59mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!