Egg casserole with mushrooms and herbs
Liquid egg yolk, aromatic herb sauce and tender melted cheese - this egg casserole is exquisite combination that makes a perfect breakfast. The recipe takes a little time, but it tastes excellent.
Please rate this recipe
- 4 tablespoons butter + for greasing
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 shallot alternatively 1/4 onion
- 240 g fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper hot
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 120 ml whipped cream
- 4 eggs large
- 90 g Gruyere or other hard cheese
- salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
- Butter 4 small baking pans.
- Separate the thyme leaves from the twig.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic.
- Chop the mushrooms.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the onion and garlic with the thyme leaves for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, season with cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cream, season with salt.
- Let the sauce cook for 1 minute, then pour into the ramekins.
- Carefully crack an egg into each mold.
- Gently mix the egg whites and mushrooms, being careful not to damage the yolk.
- Grate the cheese on a medium grater and sprinkle over the eggs.
- Fill a deep baking tray with boiling water.
- Put the ramekins in, the water should reach about halfway.
- Bake the eggs in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the whites are set.
- Season the egg casserole with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley leaves if desired.
- Small baking dishes
- cutting board
- stirring spatula
- Baking tray
Calories: 707kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 31gFat: 59gSaturated Fat: 34gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 483mgSodium: 489mgPotassium: 689mgFiber: 2gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 2058IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 585mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!