Easter cookies with lemon curd and lemon cream
Cookies at Easter is a super delicious alternative to yeast cookies. These shortbread cookies are made with lemon curd instead of icing. Lemon Curd Easter cookies taste great at Easter brunch, but also go great with afternoon coffee at Easter time.
Please rate this recipe
- Food processor
- Easter cookie cutter
- Pastry roller
- 120 g butter soft
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 70 g cornstarch
- 150 g flour
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 egg yolks
- 60-80 g lemon curd for the filling
- Knead the room-warm butter with grated lemon zest, flour, cornstarch, sugar, pinch of salt and egg yolk into a shortcrust pastry.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and cut out with cookie cutters e.g. Easter egg, chick or bunny.
- Cut out a small circle in the center of half of the cookies for the filling.
- Bake the cookies at 180° for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let the Easter cookies cool down.
Assemble with lemon curd
- Brush the bottoms of the cookies with lemon curd, put the top with hole on top and put some more lemon curd in the hole.
- Let the Easter cookies dry a bit and serve for Easter brunch or afternoon coffee.
Let the cookies cool after baking before assembling them, otherwise they will break. Instead of lemon curd, the lemon cookies can also be filled with apricot jam.
Calories: 342kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 4gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 184mgPotassium: 51mgFiber: 1gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 588IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 1mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!