Crispy yeast rolls with jam and milk
Incredibly soft, tender, crispy on the outside and delicious yeast rolls. Filled with your favorite jam, it really is a treat for breakfast or brunch. The preparation of the rolls takes a little time, but it’s worth it.
Please rate this recipe
- 160 ml milk
- 1 tsp yeast dry
- 3½ tbsp. sugar
- 310 g flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 30 ml water
- 30 g butter
- 300 g jam
- 1 egg
- Mix yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in the warm milk.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
- Sift flour, mix with salt and the remaining sugar.
- Add yeast solution, water and softened butter to flour mixture.
- Knead into a soft, non-sticky, elastic dough.
- Shape into a ball, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise at room temperature for one hour.
- Remove yeast dough from bowl, knead for a minute or two and place under plastic wrap for another 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10-12 portions of about the same size.
- Shape each of them into a ball.
- Place a small distance apart on the table, cover again with plastic wrap and let rest for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take one portion of dough and roll out into a circle.
- Place about one and a half to two teaspoons of jam in the center and pinch the edges tightly.
- Prepare the remaining rolls in the same way.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place filled yeast rolls on it, seam side down, leaving small space between rolls.
- Cover with plastic wrap, let rise for 25-30 minutes.
- Then remove the plastic wrap from the buns.
- Brush all with beaten egg.
The thickest jam possible should be used, as a thin one might run out during baking.
- Cling film
- Pastry roller
- Baking tray
- Fluffy pumpkin rolls from yeast dough with vanilla…
- Sweet yeast rolls with bananas and raisins for breakfast
- Soft Christmas rolls with saffron and raisins from…
- Hot Cross Bun - Sweet buns from yeast dough for…
- Yeast bun Hot Cross Bun - Easter bun with spices
- Loose Easter wreath with nut filling - Delicious…
- Brioche yeast plait with almond flakes - Easter recipes
- Easter wreath with dried yeast and orange for Easter…