Meat casserole with eggplant, carrots, tomatoes and cheese
Delicious beef casserole with eggplant, carrots, celery and tomatoes, not only tastes insanely good, but is also very filling. The crispy crust of melted cheese gives the meat the necessary flavor and makes the dish even more appetizing.
Please rate this recipe
- 800 g beef
- 1-2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 stick celery
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5-6 to matoes
- 4-5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 250 ml dry red wine
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp oregano dried
- 600 ml water
- 2 eggplants
- 100-150 g cheese
- Cut the meat into pieces of about 4-5 cm.
- Cut carrots, onion and celery into coarse pieces.
- Press the garlic through a press or chop it with a knife.
- Put the tomatoes in boiling water for a few seconds.
- Then rinse them in cold water and peel off the skin.
- Cut the tomatoes into medium sized cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the beef in it for 5-6 minutes.
- Then remove, set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Sauté the carrots, celery and onion in the oil for 6-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Return the beef to the pan.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, wine, 1 teaspoon salt, sugar, oregano and water.
- Mix everything well and transfer to a baking dish.
- If the pan is suitable for the oven, a casserole dish is not necessary.
- Cover with a lid or with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and bake the casserole for another 15-20 minutes, until the meat is tender.
- Cut the eggplants into centimeter-thick slices.
- Brown the slices in batches on both sides in a skillet with the remaining oil and lightly salt.
- Place the vegetables on top of the meat in the baking dish.
- Bake the casserole in the oven for another 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the meat casserole with coarsely grated cheese about 10 minutes before the end of baking.
- Garlic press
- Casserole dish
Calories: 598kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 30gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 21gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 822mgPotassium: 1083mgFiber: 7gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 2828IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 189mgIron: 4mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!