Simple cream of asparagus soup with flour and butter
Creamy white asparagus soup is uncomplicated and super delicious! Boil white asparagus, prepare a roux and cook everything together, puree and enjoy.
Please rate this recipe
- Asparagus peeler
- Stirring spoon
- Hand blender
- 800 g white asparagus
- 40 g butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 200 ml milk
- salt to taste
- Peel the asparagus, cut off the dry ends.
- Pour 400 ml of water into a pot, add a little salt and a pinch of sugar.
- Put the asparagus in and boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove 20 asparagus spears, set aside and cut into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Make a roux in a saucepan with flour and butter.
- Stir in milk and bring everything to a boil.
- Add the cooked asparagus with broth to the milk pot.
- Simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Puree the asparagus soup as desired.
- Garnish the cream of asparagus soup with the asparagus spears set aside and serve warm.
Calories: 156kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 6gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 97mgPotassium: 476mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1843IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 107mgIron: 4mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!