Chocolate sponge cake roll with cherries and cream
Chocolate sponge cake roll with cherries is complemented in this recipe prima with cream. A great dessert for coffee, which tastes airy and super chocolaty. The cherries make the dessert unbeatably delicious.
Please rate this recipe
- 350 g cherries
- 300 ml whipped cream
- 5 eggs
- 225 g powdered sugar
- 175 g dark chocolate
- 6 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cocoa powder to taste
- Break the chocolate into small pieces, melt in a water bath and add brandy.
- Mix the powdered sugar with the egg yolks and add the chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the chocolate mixture by the tablespoonful.
- Grease a baking pan with butter and or line with baking paper.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and smooth it out.
- Bake the sponge roll in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 20-25 minutes.
- Cover the finished sponge roll with a kitchen towel and let it stand overnight.
- Before serving, whip cream until stiff and add brandy.
- Smooth the cream on the sponge, spread the well-drained cherries evenly and roll up the sponge with the help of the kitchen towel.
- Dust the sponge roll with cocoa powder or apply a chocolate glaze and cut the sponge roll into pieces.
- Hand mixer
- Baking paper
- Kitchen spatula
Calories: 542kcalCarbohydrates: 56gProtein: 7gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 17gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 176mgSodium: 67mgPotassium: 366mgFiber: 4gSugar: 47gVitamin A: 841IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 71mgIron: 4mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!