Chili con carne with ground turkey and red beans
Chili con carne is a spicy dish made with meat and chili. This Mexican dish is very tasty thanks to the many spices, including ground chili. The turkey and bean stew in a spicy tomato sauce is also low in calories. Cooked chili is often sprinkled with grated cheese and chopped onions or herbs, finished with sour cream and served with nachos or other side dishes such as rice.
Please rate this recipe
- Frying pan
- Stirring spoon
- cutting board
- Blender, optional
- 1¹⁄₂ tsp olive oil
- 450 g minced turkey meat
- 1 onion
- 2 cups water
- 800 g chopped tomatoes in their own juice
- 250 g red beans canned or cooked
- 100 g canned corn
- 1 bell bell pepper green
- 1 bell bell pepper red
- 2-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chili ground
- ¹⁄₂ tsp paprika ground
- ¹⁄₂ tsp oregano dried
- ¹⁄₂ tsp cayenne pepper ground
- ¹⁄₂ tsp cumin ground
- ¹⁄₂ tsp black pepper ground
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the minced meat and stir-fry until browned.
- Peel and chop onion and garlic.
- Finely dice green and red bell peppers.
- Add in the finely chopped onion and bell bell pepper and sauté until soft.
- Add the water, tomatoes, beans, corn and chopped garlic and stir.
- For a homogeneous consistency, the tomatoes can be pureed with a blender beforehand.
- Stir in all the spices and mix thoroughly.
- Bring chili con carne to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring, for 30 minutes.
- The chili con carne can be served with nachos or rice.
Calories: 203kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 24gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 264mgPotassium: 800mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1540IUVitamin C: 73mgCalcium: 73mgIron: 4mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!