Braised chicken in red wine - Coq au vin
This is a classic French poultry dish. Historically, this national dish was made from a specially fattened rooster that was marinated in red wine for 24 hours. In this recipe, the chicken is marinated in a wine and vegetable marinade for just a few hours and then braised in the oven. And thus also fits into any festive menu.
Please rate this recipe
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 red onions
- 100 g butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1½ kg chicken or various chicken parts such as thighs wings, breast
- 750 ml red wine
- 1 carrot to taste
- 250 g mushrooms to taste
- herbs to taste
- Peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Melt the butter.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl and add the melted butter, vinegar, salt and pepper and mix everything.
- Wash the chicken, pat dry and add.
- Then pour 150 ml of red wine over it and let it rest in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Put the chicken meat together with the marinade in a baking dish, pour the remaining wine over it and stir well.
- If desired, you can add bite-sized carrots and mushrooms.
- Leave to roast in a preheated oven at 180° C for about 50 minutes.
- Dress the poultry dish with fresh herbs of your choice and serve.
- Casserole dish
Calories: 846kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 84gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 294mgSodium: 1223mgPotassium: 2088mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 3292IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 81mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!