Braised beef with red wine and vegetables
First, the beef is fried to get a golden brown crust. After that it goes into the oven. As a result, the meat becomes very tender and very tasty.
Please rate this recipe
- cutting board
- Ovenproof roaster
- stirring spatula
- 1 200 g beef
- 4 carrots
- 1-2 onions
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 500 ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 250 ml meat broth or water
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Cut the beef into 2½ cm pieces.
- Cut the carrots into medium pieces and the onions into large pieces.
- Pat the beef dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with dried garlic.
- Coat in flour.
- Heat oil in an ovenproof roaster over medium heat.
- Brown the beef in batches on all sides in the roaster.
- In the same roaster, sauté onions and carrots for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add pressed garlic and cook for another 1 - 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and stir.
- Return beef to pan with vegetables.
- Cover with broth.
- Add thyme and bay leaf.
- Bring everything to a boil.
- Place the roasting pan in an oven preheated to 160 degrees.
- Stew for about an hour and a half until the meat is tender.
If an oven-safe roaster is not at hand, a casserole dish can be used.
Calories: 207kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 7gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 208mgPotassium: 286mgFiber: 2gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 6830IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 1mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!