Beef with plums and beer in oven pots
Here the beef is braised with vegetables and spices in a tomato and beer sauce in oven pots in the oven. The plums support the flavor of the meat and the beer makes it particularly tender and gives a special wheat flavor. A crisp salad and a side dish round off the meal nicely!
Please rate this recipe
- Frying pan
- Oven pot with lids
- 3-4 onions
- 2 carrots
- 1¹⁄₂ kg beef
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Herbs to taste
- 100 g plums
- 500 ml water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500 ml beer
- Dill for decoration
- Peel onions and carrots and cut into small pieces.
- Wash beef, pat dry and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and sear beef for about 5 minutes.
- Remove seared beef and place in oven pans.
- Season with salt, pepper and herbs and stir.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the same pan, sauté onions for about 5 minutes and remove.
- Then sauté the carrots in the remaining oil for about 5 minutes.
- Place sautéed onions and carrots on top of seasoned beef.
- Rinse the plums, pit them, quarter them and spread them on the oven pans.
- Dissolve tomato paste in water and pour into the oven pots.
- Divide the beer among the pots and close them with the lids.
- Cook in the preheated oven at 180° C for about 1.5 hours until the meat is tender.
- Chop some dill and sprinkle over the beef before serving.
Calories: 655kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 30gFat: 48gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 178mgPotassium: 794mgFiber: 3gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 3609IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 64mgIron: 4mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!