Beef with onions and yogurt from the oven
Beef prepared in this way is really tender and soft. The ground ginger gives it a spicy note.
Please rate this recipe
- cutting board
- Casserole dish
- stirring spatula
- 900 g beef
- 2 onions
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp ginger ground
- ¼ - ½ tsp cayenne pepper ground
- 1 tsp pepper black, ground
- 2 tsp salt
- 300 ml natural yogurt
- 150-200 ml water
- Wash beef thoroughly, pat dry and cut into approx. 3 cm pieces.
- Peel, rinse and finely chop onions and garlic.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the meat pieces in batches until golden brown and place in a baking dish.
- Add onions to the pan.
- Sauté for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for another 1 minute.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C top/bottom heat.
- Add the meat to the pan again.
- Season with ground ginger, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt.
- Mix well, bring to a boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add plain yogurt to taste.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the whole mixture to the baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake the meat for about 1.5 hours.
- If the meat is not soft enough, pour about 150-200 ml of boiling water into the dish and cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- Stir the beef and serve immediately.
As a side dish to the beef go well mashed potatoes, boiled rice or pasta.
Calories: 399kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 21gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 676mgPotassium: 415mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 65IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 77mgIron: 2mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!