Borscht soup with beef and vegetables
Borscht soup is a pleasure not only in winter. Beef soup with strong beef broth, stewed carrots, beet and onions has an excellent taste. As a soup ingredient, potatoes and cabbage are great vegetables and make borscht very nutritious and incredibly tasty.
Please rate this recipe
- 500 g beef soup meat
- 2 carrots
- 2-3 l water
- 1 ball beet
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tomato small
- 1 bel pepper red pointed small
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 potatoes medium
- 50-80 g cabbage
- 20 g parsley
- 20 g dill
- 1/3 chili pepper
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4-6 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Sour cream to serve
- Bring the meat to a boil in a pot of salted water.
- Cook over low heat for about 2.5 hours.
- Remove the foam.
- Peel and coarsely grate the beet and carrots.
- Cut the onion into cubes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Sauté onion in it until hot at first.
- Add carrots and beet and sauté over low heat until soft.
- Dice tomato and pointed bell pepper, add and sauté briefly.
- Lightly salt the fried vegetables and season with pepper.
- Peel garlic clove and grate finely.
- Chop the chili and add it with the garlic to the fried vegetables.
- Stir everything well and remove the pan from the heat.
- Remove the meat from the broth to a plate and let it cool slightly.
- Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Strain the meat broth and bring to a boil again.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into coarse pieces.
- Finely chop the cabbage.
- Add the potatoes and cabbage to the pot with the meat broth and cook until done, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables and stir well.
- Simmer the soup over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the dill and parsley.
- Add the beef to the soup, add the herbs.
- Arrange the beef soup in plates.
- Serve borscht with sour cream and bread.
- cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Garlic grater
- Slotted spoon
Calories: 393kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 18gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 103mgPotassium: 1050mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 4680IUVitamin C: 71mgCalcium: 72mgIron: 3mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!