Cherries without pits boil down with sugar
Boil down the freshly harvested cherries without pits and enjoy them in winter, it's very simple. You can use the cherries in the cake and for various fillings and sauces. The ingredients are designed for 500 ml jar.
Please rate this recipe
- 550 g cherries pitted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Rinse, dry and pit the berries.
- Collect the resulting juice of the cherries from the coring.
- Fill a clean screw-top jar halfway with cherries.
- Add half of the sugar.
- Add the remaining cherries and stir together so that the cherries rub against each other.
- Cover with the remaining sugar.
- Add the collected cherry juice.
- Place the jar on a rack in a saucepan and cover up to ¾ of the jar with water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat so that the water simmers gently and boil down for 15 minutes.
- Place the cherries on the lid and wrap with something warm.
- When completely cool, store the preserved cherries in a dark and cool place.
- Cherry corer
- Screw jars
Calories: 55kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 153mgFiber: 1gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 44IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 9mgIron: 1mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!