Eggplant with tuna and cheese in the oven
The simple filling of tuna wonderfully complements the baked eggplant. With a tomato sauce and your favorite cheese, the baked vegetables become hearty and very tasty at the same time. This warm dish from the oven should be prepared by everyone.
Please rate this recipe
- 2 eggplants
- Salt to taste
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 450 g canned tuna
- Black pepper to taste
- 150 g hard cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 tablespoons tomato sauce to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise.
- Make deep, criss-cross indentations in the eggplants.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with salt.
- Then let stand for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove the flesh from the eggplants with a spoon. You should be left with an eggplant wall about 4-5 mm thick.
- Place the prepared eggplants in the oven dish and roast in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the flesh of the eggplants into small cubes.
- Cut the onion into fine cubes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the onion in it for about 2 - 3 minutes until translucent.
- Next, add the eggplant pulp.
- Stir the pan contents properly and cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Meanwhile, drain the liquid from the tuna.
- Mash the fish well with a fork and add to the pan.
- Add tomato sauce to the filling to taste.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grate the cheese medium coarsely.
- Fill the prepared eggplant pieces with the filling.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Put a small piece of butter on each piece.
- Bake eggplants in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Square oven dish
Calories: 798kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 68gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 29gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 190mgSodium: 1251mgPotassium: 1683mgFiber: 15gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 1433IUVitamin C: 16mgCalcium: 639mgIron: 6mg
* The nutritional values in this recipe are approximate and may differ slightly from the actual value.
Do you like this recipe?Please leave a review!